How to relieve stress
The last half of 2017 were very tough and very busy because my stress levels were through the roof. I’d generally been trying to adult a little harder. Easy right? I tried to improve my life prospects by studying as well as juggling a new job. On top of that, the usual be healthier and stay social. But why would you care?
Well let me tell you, no one can say they have never been stressed. Whether it be an exam, family troubles, money worries and more. Stress will always be there, ready to strike. But don’t worry because Chelsea has some handy ways you can manage and bring down those worries.
Step 1 Disconnect
I know this is easier said than done but you will need to pull away from the situation for a while, even if only for 5 minutes.
- Try watching a funny video on youtube
- Make a comforting cup of tea (or coffee).
- Take 3-5 slow, deep breathes
When you give yourself time to process the situation (see the light) and realise how you’re feeling, you’ll be able to think a bit clearer.
Step 2 Evaluate
Top tip: Writing down your thoughts or speaking to someone using helps me feel calmer and deal with my issues quicker.
Step 3 Make a plan
- Practise breathing and meditation
- Have regular breaks
- Make yourself laugh
- Get some exercise e.g a walk, hit the gym, play with your cat
- Get a buddy to help/motivate
- Repeat positive statements e.g “I can do this.”, “it’s not the end of the world”